The DLP prompt for this week was water under the bridge and the challenge watercolor. Sometimes I have trouble with specific prompts so I am now just picking one word as my prompt. For this one it was bridge. I gessoed the page and when it was dry sketched the page then used watercolor to paint. I used a bit of salt in the water and added extra sparkles with a white pen.
The prompt I used was river and the challenge was acrylics. This is all acrylics and marker for the writing. I bought a really cheap set of acrylics (at Target) to try out and that is what I used here. They worked fine but are a little more transparent then artist grade paints. I think that will be good when I am journaling because the first layers will show through. They will be great to experiment with in my journals.
I didn't use a prompt this week because I wanted to do a tribute for Anzac Day. The challenge was to use a gelli plate so I did. I used printing inks because they don't dry as quickly as paint and it allows you more time to prepare your image before you print. I did the background first with some ink brayered onto the plate. When it was dry I used a paintbrush to put blobs of red ink on the plate for the flowers. I used two colors so some would appear darker. I did small flowers at the top, gradually getting bigger as I came down the page. It adds depth. I printed the flowers on another page then sprayed with water and did a second print on this page. I liked the soft look of the second print more so that is the one I decided to keep. I used colored pencils for the centers, stems and some shading to separate the flowers. I added the words and the page was done.