Sunday, June 19, 2011

New journal pages

 I did a credit card background for my next journal pages.I chose two scrapbook papers to start because they were a little thicker than regular paper. It is a good way to use paper you no longer like.


 
They were different, one a bit red and the other yellow. The yellow one was flocked as well. I used an old gift card that had no value left to spread the first layer of green acrylic paint across the page. I allowed some of the original paper to show through but you could cover it completely if you want.



While that was still half wet I put copper acrylic paint across the top of the pages and used the gift card to drag the paint across the paper. You can still see some of the green paint and a little yellow near the top.


This closeup shows the flocking. It is no longer soft but adds an interesting texture to the page. You don't have to use metallic paint for this technique but I think it looks good. You can apply two coats of paint on top of the base color if you want a different look. I suggest making a few samples so you can try colors and effects. Having the metallic as the base coat looks good too.


When that was dry I used stamps and white ink to stamp a background of flowers. The white ink didn't show up very well so I went over it with a white pen. I liked the way the original stamping looks like a shadow underneath the ink. The phrase was white embossed and the butterflies are cut out of Prima brand paper called "miss pretty".
This page has a painting on it that I did when I first started using watercolors. It used to be framed but I have now switched that for a new piece so the old art is now here. I wrote the quotes on with the white gel pen. I like the 'uniball signo' gel pens, the ink flows smoothly and has not clogged at all so far (mine are at least 6 months old). Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment