Friday, August 26, 2011

Something different

I had a large wooden W letter in my stash and when I was looking for something else I got it out and put it on my desk.  I thought if I left it out I would do something with it.  It worked because it started to bug me on my desk so I finished it off to hang on the wall. I painted the letter first because I was going to paint a picture on it.

Then I saw my name tag and decided that I wanted to use the same technique on my initial.I grabbed a copper colored foil sheet and applied a sheet of jac paper to the back to make it adhesive. Then I cut out the pieces I needed to cover the W.

I used alcohol ink directly onto the copper and let the colors blend together. When that had dried I embossed the copper in my cuttlebug machine. I used two different patterns but you could use the same one. I peeled off the backing paper and stuck the copper onto the wooden letter.   Next I sprayed the copper with some Moon Glow Starburst sprays for extra color. I wanted it to collect in and around the embossing. Lastly I rubbed the sides of the letter with copper colored metallic wax.



I am happy with the way it turned out and it only took a couple of hours. I am determined to complete more of the projects I have in my stash.

3 comments:

  1. I love the "W" Wendy. What a great effect. I found you through Jane Davenport's "Supplies Me". I can't wait to get started with week 1. I hope to see out and about at Jane's.
    Kyles =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Wendy, I love your journal pages, see you in class :-)
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I look forward to seeing your works in class too. It is so much fun at Jane's.

    ReplyDelete