Saturday, September 17, 2011

New journal page

I completed the first page in my art journal that I am using for the Supplies me workshop.  I used the angels from the wall quilt I had already cut up for the cover.  I stiffened the material and when it was dry I cut out the angels. The stiffening holds the angel together if I accidentally cut the stitching.

The background was a piece of tissue paper adhered to the page and painted with blue tinted gesso. I sprayed gold onto the page to look like stars then, inspired by Van Gogh's Starry Night painting, I outlined them with coloured pencil and added a couple of blue swirls.  I initially thought the blue swirls stood out too much but in the finished piece I now think they blend in a little more than I would like.


No comments:

Post a Comment