Sunday, October 2, 2011

New journal pages

I have been creating a lot of art for the Supplies Me course I am doing. This has had a flow on effect with my other art as well. This week was catch up week at Supplies Me so I have been able to catch up with a lot of other projects as well.

I made this page using one of my textured gesso experiments that I made when I was trying out different papers and colours for a painting I had in mind. I ended up doing something else for the painting but think these experiments could lead to a modern style painting.

I like the tiles I made from the one page of textured gesso. I think it would make a great picture on a larger scale, especially when framed with a mat.

A close up so you can see the texture more.

This next page was originally done with my art journal friends. It didn't work out the way I wanted initially so I brought it home to think about. I put the original page onto a larger background that had been painted and coloured with glimmer mist sprays. The original is collaged papers that have been embossed with with embossing powders. The dots are ink applied through a stencil then embossed. Hem tape is heated on the paper then, when still hot embossing powder is melted on. After the embossing is done for texture the whole page is coloured with paints and sprays. I drew on the face with alcohol markers and coloured it lightly with twinkling H2Os.  The dragonflies are stamped on and highlighted with marker.

The second page was the one I originally had ruined. I cut out all the bits of the page I didn't like and threw them away. I was left with these varied tiles. I edged them all with embossing and then used Stazon ink to stamp some images on them. I stitched them onto the background. At least I got to save the parts that I did like.

No comments:

Post a Comment