|blank index card|
There are prompts posted on the challenge page but you don't have to use them if you don't want to. I am using them at the moment. The weekly prompt was colour and the one for this card was wallpaper.
I did use distress stain to colour the card first for another idea then changed my mind. I decided to use fiber paste to create a raised effect. I placed the stencil over the card and spread fiber paste across it using an old credit card. When I carefully lifted the stencil off I was left with the flower design on the card. I let it dry for a couple of hours.
Note: if you don't have fiber paste you could use texture paste, molding paste or even a thick gel medium. They will give you a smoother finish.
I then used twinkling H2Os by Luminarte to paint the whole card. I let this dry for about an hour.
The next step was to spray the card with Lindys Stamp Gang spray in the Jolly Roger Red shade. I sprayed it quite generously while it was flat and left it to dry overnight. The sprays are a lot darker when wet. When it dries the spray collects around any textured areas and highlights them. It also washed some of the watercolour off the raised areas.
I like the finished index card. It reminds me of an old piece of embossed wallpaper.
#1 This card was the first one I did using the prompts colour - red and zebra. I sketched a zebra from a photo then painted in the stripes with twinkling H2O (hot cinnamon shade). I then sprayed a little water along the bottom and watched the colour spread. Simple technique but very effective.
#2 This card used the prompts colour - orange and candyland. Another experiment using twinks and black pen outlines. I think in the future I will be using some of these cards as a jumping off point for a journal page.
If you are interested in joining in it is not too late. Check out the link on the right.