The first card I did used stamps in response to the prompt - postage stamps. I used a piece of dyed material for the background.
Prompt - polka dot. I used the hand made silk paper that I made at the craft fair in May for the dots. They were machine stitched on.
Prompt - definition. I painted the background with acrylics then hand stitched the word on. The definition was printed with the computer.
Prompt - Italy. I hand stitched the whole card with thread. The pattern is woven and stitched on the card.
Prompt - Summer. I used some painted paper for the sea over an acrylic painted sky.
Prompt - poetry. The house is scraps of paper over an acrylic background.
Prompt - stencil. I stencilled the flowers on with acrylic paint but it was a little dark so I went over it with white. This made the colour run under the stencil a bit but when I outlined the petals with the machine stitching it covered most of the mistakes.
I don't worry about making a mess with these little cards because they are not a permanent form of art and it keeps me trying new things. I am very inspired by this challenge and am taking notes of ideas I want to try that I have seen from others sharing their art. I have seen a lot of wonderful Gelli plate printing so maybe I need to go shopping...