Friday, August 2, 2013

A few questions and answers about the Index Card a Day challenge 2013



 1. Have you tried new techniques, themes, mediums, materials, palettes, pens?
Yes I have tried a lot of different ideas. I was inspired by the prompts and then that led me to try a variety of techniques, a different one each week.
2. Do you look forward to your creative time each day?
It is a big part of what makes me happy and I can't wait to start each morning.
3. Have you made a little time each day for the past two months for a bit of art?
Almost every day...
4. How did you feel when you skipped a day?
I tried not to skip by doing a lot of the sketching while watching tv with my hubby.
5. What was it like to make an extra card?
I made a couple of extra cards to demonstrate techniques on my blog. I will give those ones away.
6. Do you carry art materials in your backpack or purse for those little gaps in your day?
No. I don't have children at home anymore so I don't spend a lot of time waiting around.
7. Have your creative ideas bloomed or faded?
Definitely bloomed. I want to try a lot of the ideas that were posted by others.
8. Are there any techniques or cards that you would like to create in a larger format?
I have already used 1 card layout for a journal page and will do things with some of the others. I am even going to try a large zebra picture.
9. What did you learn about yourself?
I am able to come up with ideas and use techniques that I thought I had forgotten. I can draw almost anything.
10. Will you continue your theme or series?
Probably not right now because my head is spinning with ideas of new things to try out (see question 7).
11. Are you ready for something fresh and new?
I am completing a few other online classes so that will be fresh and new for me.
12. Do you love flipping through your cards?
Yes, I have put them in a mini photo album and they get me inspired.
13. Did you underestimate the impact of this simple challenge?
YES. I didn't expect to even finish or post cards online but it was such an interactive group I couldn't help myself.
14. Did this inexpensive, flimsy canvas surprise you?
Yes, yes, yes.  I was completely surprised by what they would handle without any bother at all. Even better than a lot of journal pages can take.
15. Do you adore that pile of blank cards, that stack of potential?
Yes, I have a pile of them on my desk now and will reach for them often.
16. Did you surprise yourself? Did you stick to the challenge?
I did stick to the challenge which was a big surprise to me. I thought I would do a few and give up because it was only a challenge but it was more inspiring than I expected.
17. Did you have fun posting to the Flickr group or the FB group? 
Yes. I have really enjoyed the interaction with other artists from across the globe. It was such a friendly, inspiring place to connect with others.
18. How many cards did you complete?
I have done 63 cards in total so far...

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Q&A I was surprised by how much I loved this challenge too.

    ReplyDelete