Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Variety is the spice of life

I do seem to share all sorts of things on this blog and today will be the same. 

Before Christmas I shared the Santa Claus figurine that I made using instructions from one of the Better Homes magazines. I decided he looked a little lonely on his own so I made a Mrs Claus to go with him.  I didn't use instructions this time, just made her the same way and in a similar style. I have to say I really enjoyed having a go at these small sculptures. I think there will be more in the future.


Don't they make a cute couple?

I am also sharing a few more of the cards that I have made for the 52 card challenge

Prompt - postage. As I am trying to make my stash smaller I found a small packet of stamps I could use. I sorted them into colours and glued them to letters I drew and cut out of cardstock. I put one letter on each side of the same card. 


Prompt - artist.  I used the quote "Every child is an artist.  The problem is how to remain an artist when we grow up." I covered the card with gesso and sketched in the image with a brown pencil.  I then used water based markers to add all the colour.  When you use the markers on gesso they stay wet for a while so you can blend them with a makeup sponge.
 

Prompt - journey.  I roughly painted the card with acrylics, blending one colour into the next.  I then stamped the child and waves on.  I used a flower stamp for the sun, using a circle of paper to mask the middle of the flower when I stamped. I then painted it yellow and added some shading with pencil.  The words are from my scrapbooking stash and I used dylusions white spray along the water's edge. 

I am currently doing a mono-printing class that is taking up a lot of my time. I will share some of the finished work later in February. In the mean time I am also scrapbooking at night and have just joined a new art group. I also have a Jane Davenport workshop in a weeks time.  I will I have a busy year ahead but then isn't that the same every year for every one of us. Life is meant to be experienced after all....

No comments:

Post a Comment