Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Art journal pages...watercolor and mixed media

 I am sharing some of the watercolours that I have done in my journal each month this year. I got the idea from Gina Rossi Armfield's No excuses art journaling book.


This was June. I used some of the suggestions from Gina's book to decide what to draw and added some seasonal images of my own.


July was a cold month here in Australia so I drew some of the flowers that were blooming then.


August was warmer than usual so we saw the arrival of lots of flowers. It was difficult to limit myself to only a few.


I had a little fun with the springtime animal sketching in September.


A DLP page with the prompt about seeing clearly. I used the quote "...one can only see clearly with the heart. Anything that is essential is invisible to the eyes" to inspire my page. I gessoed and used pan pastels for colour. I added detail with coloured pencils.


Another DLP page inspired by the prompt "If you are going to be weird be confident about it". I glued patterned tissue paper to the page and sprayed it with ink. The characters are painted with acrylics. It was a lot of fun to mess about with the girl and cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment