Friday, April 14, 2017

A bit more art journaling

Today I am sharing some more Colour me Positive art journal pages.


 Week 9 - I was very busy this week doing textile work so I chose to illustrate the quote very simply. Sometimes I really enjoy spending time on lettering and adding simple images. This one is all pen and watercolors.


 Week 10 - It is a little hard to tell in the photo but this page is furry. It is a velour paper that I had in my scrapbooking stash. I have probably had it for more than 10 years so I decided it needed to be used. It was fun seeing how the twinkling H2Os reacted to the surface but the sparkle doesn't show. I used stamps for the heart patterns but they were a bit pale on the furry background so I went over some of them with pen. I added the stitching when I was finished.


 Week 11 - This page was done using the first tutorial from the Lulu Art design team. Kate Palmer has full instructions here: https://blog.luluart.com.au/2017/02/21/recycled-packaging-art-journal-page/


 Week 12 - This is another page inspired by one of the tutorials at Lulu Art, this time the artist is Dani Choate. Instructions can be found here: https://blog.luluart.com.au/2017/03/21/sunny-days-mixed-media-art-tags/


Week 13 - I used a couple of my art journal idea cards to inspire this page. They were to use coffee to paint with and paint a house. The quote is the one provided by Lulu Art. I used the coffee to paint the doors and windows. I made it fairly thick and was surprised that when it dried it was shiny.

Thanks for looking, next time I have some more textile techniques to share.

2 comments: