Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Keeping busy last year.

 It has been a lot longer since I last blogged than I thought it would be. I enjoyed my trip to the UK and saw a lot of art while in London. Sadly I think it will be a long time before I get to travel overseas again. I also did two other trips with my husband within Australia and a lot of textile workshops with international artists. 

 I made these two 15 x 15cm pieces for a fundraising auction at Fibres West. One was an experiment of painting on metal mesh and the other was a doodle design with transferred photos of leaves.


I painted watercolour ground on the metal then used watercolour paints for the flower and leaves. I machine stitched on the metal shim border and added a hanging chain.


First was a residential week long textile art course with Alysn Midgelow-Marsden at Fibres West where we experimented with metal fabric.This was an exercise we did.

I have since used the samples we created, as well as some extra experiments I did when I got home, to make these book covers. 

 

The local embroiderers guild had a conference to celebrate their 75th birthday and I did 2 workshops with Kathryn Harmer Fox 

 

 

Our textile group organised another weekend workshop with Alison Holt. My piece was very small but I intend to do some bigger ones now that I understand the techniques.

 My textile group did a challenge for our display at the craft fair where the theme was "Words". This could be interpreted in many ways. Here are my three pieces. 

 It was a busy year. I will share more in my next post which will be shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment