I tried to go with a darker tone this time but I still ended up with my usual style of soft coloring and blending for faces. I am happy to recognize that and accept I my own artistic temperament. This picture is pretty close to the photo we were given.
After looking at the finished picture for a while I decided I didn't like the hair across her forehead. It is realistic because it is the way it was in the photo (and how we were taught to do) but I decided to tidy up her hair for her. I liked it much better now and it seems to make more sense to me without the forehead hair. I forgot to take a photo before I framed it so it is a little duller behind the glass. I want to try another portrait like these but with eyes open this time. I just have to find a model to get a photograph of.
Next post I will share the technique I used for my current DLP page.