Saturday, December 10, 2011

Did I really do that myself?

Sometimes I finish a piece of art and wonder if I really was the one who made it. That is how I felt yesterday when I finished my latest journal page for the I heart drawing course I am doing. I am quite happy with the way it turned out. Wonderful Jane has been teaching us the start of the clothes and a lot more poses for hands and arms. I found a photo of a dancing lady for my model. I liked the way she had her arms.


The background was sprayed with mica dyes and then stamped with watery distress ink. The girl is mostly acrylic and pencils although her hair is watercolour. At one stage I spilled a large amount of water over the page and after cleaning up had to redo the background. Luckily I didn't have to redo the girl.

Right now I feel like I am dancing to the music of my dream to become a better artist. It really is a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment