Sunday, September 18, 2016

Collage in an art journal.

I did one of the lessons from my 21 Secrets workbook a while ago but didn't finish it off. It was called Media Remix and was a lot of fun. We took magazine pages and painted them. I put them together to make a journal and added magazine images for the subjects. For some of the pages I used stencils to cut shapes from magazine pages and stuck them down. It was a fun journal to make and now I am adding details and doodles with pens so I can pick it up and draw/doodle a little when the mood strikes.

Today I am sharing a few of the completed pages. Enjoy.


The painted and stencilled page. I sprayed them with the glitter sprays so they are very shiny and hard to photograph.



This page has little scrapbook gems added. The words were cut out from magazines too.




 These images come from my stash of collage pictures that I have collected over the years. I think these were from the scrapbook industry.



These flowers are from an art magazine. I added outlines as well as a few sketched ones too. This is an easy project to do, especially if you pick pictures that really appeal to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment