Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Techniques from the 2nd Life challenge.


I was going through my photos from this year and found a few that I took when I was making my Second Life textile art piece that I forgot to share. You can see my original post and details about it here: http://artygirl2010.blogspot.com/2016/07/textile-challenge-piece.html


 This photo shows the background fabric paper I made. I put music paper and other pieces under tissue paper and then painted it with several colours of Silks Acrylic Glaze. It was very pretty but most of it ended up being covered.


This photo shows what I did with the cardboard roll. I split it open then used the Cuttlebug embossing machine to emboss the pattern on it. I used the Lumiere paints and then sprayed the brown mica over it. When it was dry I used the ink pad to highlight the texture.  I used it in several places on the finished project. It would also look and feel great stuck onto an art journal page, adding loads of texture. 


This photo shows the pieces of foam I removed from the crown I had. You can also see the printed ribbon and the flannel fabric. I used texture paste through stencils to add texture to all of these objects.


I painted the fabric and ribbon with the same Lumiere paints I used above. I didn't use the brown spray this time so they look a different color. I painted the foam pieces with acrylics in similar colors. I used gold paint to highlight the raised areas then used dimensional glaze over the top. The glaze makes them look like they are resin coated and not glazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment