Wednesday, December 12, 2018

What a year it has been.

I have not shared much on my blog this year although I have made and experimented with a lot of techniques. I am definitely going to change that next year and hope to also add more video. I have a new camera now so it should be easier for me to film and edit videos.

These first textiles I will share are my entries for my textile group's challenge this year. We had to choose one colour to feature and could use one other colour for contrast. The subject and technique were up to us. 


My first entry was based on texture techniques. Half of these squares were made from bits I had left over from a previous work. I did make some more to use and added a lot of bead embellishments. I have done a video of the technique that I promised to share. It will be uploaded very soon. 


This giraffe was made from a photo I took at a zoo. The giraffe was happily munching away on lunch and watching me take photos of him. It gave him a bemused look. I used a technique from the June 2016 edition of workshop on the web by Kathryn Harmer Fox. It was very difficult to get the shading right using only purple (as stated in the challenge rules) but I think it turned out ok. 


My third entry was based on the Vanishing Worlds workshop by Angie Hughes in WOWbook 1. It has a printed felt background and melted textiles for the tree. This one was a lot of fun to make. I love all the different techniques I am learning from the WOWbooks. I think they are worth every cent and love the members club where so many extra techniques and ways of doing things are shared. 

I will continue to share a few more completed works and some techniques in more detail in future posts that will be coming up soon. Til then, happy stitching.

2 comments:

  1. So nice to see you posting again. Especially love your first texture piece. I have just finished a quilted face and am inspired to do more textile work in 2019. Look forward to more inspiration from you.

    ReplyDelete