Wednesday, April 4, 2012

21 Secrets

I have started another art journal course called 21 Secrets. The link is in the side bar. The class went live on the 1st of April and I had a look at the site then. At first I thought wow, then as I started to look closer at all the workshops I felt a little overwhelmed by the sheer volume of lessons there. I sort of got a little 'blank page' anxiety and didn't know where to start so I just picked a class that didn't look too involved and dived in. It was by Nolwenn Petitbois. The link for her blog is http://inner-voices.net/ These are the pages I did.



They are a bit darker than I usually do. I can't give details of the techniques used in a paid class but it was quite a lot of fun. It didn't take too long to do, only one afternoon. It was a perfect introduction to the 21 Secrets course and I longer have a fear of what to do next. I will probably do a lesson a week unless I get bored and want to do them sooner than that. I think for $59 the course is extremely good value. It works out to a little less than $3 per workshop and it gives me a chance to experience classes with teachers from all over the world. It gives a little taste of their teaching styles and personalities. I am looking forward to more fun.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages! I love the butterflies. Is that a stencil or diecut?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish. It is a stencil that I had to trace because it wasn't showing up with spray like we were shown (my page was too dark). The stencil was made by Tattered Angels and was part of a set called Fanciful. I don't think they make them anymore but you could try ebay if you are interested.

      Delete