Friday, April 20, 2012

Life Book again


I have done another Life Book page. It was done mainly with watercolour crayons and pencils. The crayons weren't as smooth as I would like so I went over them with pan pastels for a smoother look. I also used sprays on the background. I am quite happy with the way this girl looks.

I have not had a lot of time for art in the past week or so. We are doing a big makeover of our back garden and I need to spend a lot of time out there while the weather is good. I have to get all the planting done while it is still autumn or the plants won't survive the hot summer months. They need to establish their root system over winter and spring. I probably will be away from the computer for the next fortnight but as I still try to do some art in the evenings I will have a bit to show you when I return.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this girl is so beautiful! I haven't really ventured to try drawing faces yet. Maybe one day. Yours are so well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish. I hadn't tried faces until last September when I took my first online class and learned how to draw them. My style is still evolving but I can see a vast improvement with each one I draw. There are a lot of people offering face classes if you want to learn, just find the person whose style you like the best.

      Delete