Thursday, November 17, 2011

ATCs

I made a bunch of ATCs yesterday using my paintings as the focal image. The technique is to clear emboss an image over a dark background and then colour with metallic creams or paints.
 
These ones were stamped on the background with versamark and then embossed with clear embossing powder.

Others were dry embossed with a cuttlebug then I heat embossed the raised parts with clear powder.

After that a little Viva Inca Gold paint is rubbed over the top. It sticks to the clear embossed areas very well. I used two colours on each background. It was a little difficult to only do the Viva on the raised areas of the stamped images so I put the metallics over the whole background. It still makes the images stand out, I like the effect.



This card was green instead of black. I like the way it looks and it has a lighter effect.

I think this technique might be an interesting background for an art journal page. I might give that a go sometime soon.

2 comments:

  1. I have just recently started playing with this technique. I love it. Your backgrounds are just fabulous and really showcase your wonderful paintings. I'm the gal that asked you if I could print a copy of your Goddess. I loveee the one of the girl amongst the branches.tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks PaisleyPeacock. I love the box you did for life book. I am thinking of doing the whimsical mermaid for mine but it will have to wait until I have done the other work for M3.

    ReplyDelete