Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Etched metal book

I did a workshop last week at Scraptivate with Jen Crossley. It was etching stamped metal with chemicals. I chose to use beach themed stamps for my book. The metal we were given to work with was brass.


The front cover had little dots all over it but I liked them. I thought it helped add a little visual texture to the vast area of sky. I added charms later. The little bottle has a local sea shell that I crushed with a hammer in it.


The back cover is a set of Hero Arts tile stamps. I like the was they turned out and if I was going to do it again would like something similar.


We were given white and craft paper to use for pages but when I got home I used my own hand made paper to make the signatures and put the book together. I like the way the hand made paper looks. Some of it has shiny inclusions that make the pages sparkle.  You can never have too much bling, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment