Saturday, November 5, 2011

Playing around with art journalling

I tried to load these photos the other day and for some unknown reason I couldn't. They are a couple of experimental pages I did using acrylic paint and alcohol. You start with a base of paint that you allow to dry (I added texture to the page first with paper and gauze). A different colour is put on top and while still wet drops of alcohol (I used rubbing alcohol) are applied randomly. The alcohol removes some of the paint and it makes an interesting pattern. I then went over it a third time with an interference colour but it covered a lot of the previous work. Next time I would only do a watery final layer.

I had some butterflies already cut out so I decided to make this a collage page. I drew the sunflowers on with alcohol markers.

The sunflower image is from a sheet of images I bought at Stampington magazines shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment